Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Banging

For reasons totally unbeknownst and incomprehensible to me, there is a man who walks up and down the street banging together two sticks (metal poles? something like this?) together rhythmically at around 9 or 10 then again at 11 at night every night. For a while I merely guessed at this 'happening.' I thought it must be some figment of my imagination that those noises were happening repetitively at night every night... because who in this modern age would actually have some kind of system (for whatever reason?) like that?

But tonight I *saw* him. With my very own two eyes. Banging some sort of thing together (ok, so it wasn't that close up). But he was definitely there, he was definitely doing it, and it was the same sound.


I had something (perhaps) more meaningful to mention, but it was written on today's practice SAT, and I forgot that at work.

Yes, I am, crazily enough, an SAT teacher. (really, the idea. not just the idea. the fact. ... really is kind o' crazy.) only 1 week and a day left of teaching route SAT stuff (yes!) (I politely put that in parentheses, see?)

My computer breathes again.

1 comment:

  1. Oh.. only little time left for your SAT teaching. Does this mean you'll leave Korea soon? Hope it's not!

    ReplyDelete